Gold Valerie Pearl Cuff
- Regular price
- $17.63 AUD
- Regular price
- Sale price
- $17.63 AUD
- Unit price
#earstack! A modern take on pearls, the Valerie Pearl cuff is subtle yet bold. Cuffs can be work individually for an ear party or as a pair for a more made-up look.
Please note: Cuffs can be purchased individually and as a pair.
- Also available in Silver.
- Material: 18K Gold Plated 925 Sterling Silver and Simulated Pearls
- Total diameter - 2.1cm (end to end)
- Comes with an anti-tarnishing silver cloth
- Ensure a gentle hand when handling earrings
- Nickel-free and hypoallergic, safe for those with sensitive skin
Solid Gold jewellery means that each piece is made with solid gold, inside and out. Although it is costlier than Gold Vermeil or Gold Plated jewellery it is more durable, valuable and least likely to cause skin allergies. Moreover, Solid Gold Jewellery can be worn daily and can maintain its shine for a very long time with proper care. Solid Gold jewellery is often sold in Karats (K) and can be set in 9K, 14K, 18K, 22K and 24K gold. The higher the number, the higher content of gold. At Justine Jewellery, most of our fine jewellery is available in 9K, 14K or 18K gold. We curate our fine jewellery with everyday wear in mind.
Individuals with sensitive ears or skin should look towards purchasing 14K gold and above as jewellery below 14K gold may contain small traces of nickel.
We generally do not set jewellery meant for everyday wear in 22K or 24K gold as jewellery with a higher gold content is 'softer' due to a lesser mix of metals to increase its resilience, making it more prone to bends and scratches.
925 Sterling Silver
925 Sterling Silver is 92.5% pure silver and 7.5% alloy metals. It excludes nickel and is compatible for those with sensitive skin.
To ensure the durability and strength of silver jewellery, it is generally mixed with other metals ensuring your favourite pieces last for a long time.
All 925 Sterling Silver come with a stamp, "925" or "S925" mark. Silver naturally tarnishes with exposure to air and moisture. However, to prevent prolonged tarnish, every order with Sterling Silver jewellery is packed with an anti-tarnish polishing cloth to help you upkeep shine on your pieces.
The Stainless Steel we use for our jewellery is 316L, also known as surgical steel. Easily maintained, Stainless Steel in its original form (silver), will not rust, discolour or oxidise. It's also a highly durable material and is water proof. Marketed as a hypoallergenic material, Stainless Steel actually contains very small traces of nickel. However, even for those with sensitive skin, it is rare for Stainless Steel to cause an allergic reaction as theoretically, it is bonded with other metals and is not able to affect the skin directly.
Stainless Steel is a low maintenance, highly durable and affordable metal that's great, even for those with sensitive skin. It's a great choice for those who prefer fuss-free and timeless pieces.
Gold-Plated and Gold Vermeil
Our pieces are a mixture of 14 - 18K Gold Plated and Gold Vermeil. The difference between Gold Vermeil and Gold-Plated jewellery is that Gold Vermeil is a thicker layer (at least 2.5 microns) of gold over Sterling Silver which gives it a longer lasting shine while Gold Plated jewellery means gold can be plated over other materials such as brass or alloys.
Although Gold Vermeil has a thicker layer of gold, it is still possible for the coating to tarnish when exposed to moisture over time.
General Care Instructions
- Be gentle when handling jewellery and use a light hand when putting on or removing jewellery.
- Avoid contact with moisture such as lotions, perfumes or acidic solutions that may affect coating or shine of your jewellery.
- Keep all jewellery after wear in a dry, non-humid place such as a jewellery pouch to ensure longevity of pieces.
- Although solid gold jewellery can be worn daily, we encourage you to clean your pieces at least once a week.
- To best preserve and maintain the shine of your jewellery, we advise not wearing your jewellery into the shower.
- Clean your jewellery with several drops of warm soapy water and dry thoroughly.
- For sterling silver jewellery, gently clean your pieces with the anti tarnishing cloth provided.